.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Critical Thinking Reflection Essay

Of the topics that I could choose from, I chose to discuss how to reduce poverty in the united sound outs. Poverty in the joined States has been something that I have been in person hearing about since I was a child. It has always been a topic during every Presidential debate that I go off remember. While increase up, I have always pondered ways of helping others that were little gilt than myself. This had led me to conceptualise whole-heartedly that the poverty rate can be rock-bottom through several avenues.The first way that poverty can be reduced is by increasing the minimum salary. The current minimum affiance is $7.25. In the late 1960s, a full-time worker earning the minimum net income could lift a family of three out of poverty (V solelyas, 2014). If the minimum wage back then was indexed to inflation it would be $10.86 per hour to sidereal day (Vallas, 2014). If the fall in States would raise the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, it would bring more than 4 meg Americans out of poverty (Vallas, 2014).Another major way I tonicity that the poverty rate in the United States can be lightd is by taxing wealthy a lot more than they ar currently being taxed. As of 2010, the last(a) 20% of Americans paid an 11.1% tax rate while the top 1% paid only 5.6% (Waldron, 2013). The lowest percentile is paying nearly twice as more than in taxes compared to the top 1 percentile. If the gross of the rich was at a high percentile then the monies accumulated could go toward programs that could help lift the less fortunate above the poverty line. It may be my personal opinion, further I do bump that the 1% can afford the high taxes due to them not being affected by it as much as the lower and middle class. level(p) Warren Buffet stated, I would suggest 30 percent of taxable income between $1 gazillion and $10 million, and 35 percent on amounts above that (Buffet, 2012).If we choose to reposition these two particular aspects, not only will poverty decrease greatly, but our economy would continue to flourish. Unfortunately, the legislature has the final say so when it comes to taxation of the United States populace. I just hope that one day that everyone can have the same goal in mind and hold a way to bring up our fellow Americans from poverty.The critical idea performance I used in regards to formulating a resolution to saturnine the poverty rate in the United States is quite similar to the process that we have been using throughout our studies in the classroom. The first amount is to State the Problem, which is How can we reduce the poverty rate in the United States. The second step is to State the alternatives, which I described in my condemnation above. The third step is to Identify the Pros/Cons of each alternative.I will bind that I did skip this step because I felt that the 4th step clarified everything. Step 4 is What is the solution. I truly believe that a raise in minimum wage and the increased taxation of th e wealthy would greatly reduce the poverty level within the United States. Step 5 is How well is the solution running(a). This cant be evaluated until Congress passes laws to substantiate my alternatives that I put forth.As I stated in a previous assignment, critical thinking can be used in all areas of life. From making endings regarding your children to that big decision at work, critical thinking can play a opposite part in the success or failure of a person. Even though critical thinking is a great tool in making decisions, some measure your gut instinct will overrule logic. Its just human nature. We, as humans, are emotional at times and can make decisions based off of those emotions. This is the only feasible motive I could see the critical thinking process not working properly.As far as steps that I can retain to continue to use critical thinking in the future, I feel that always taking a step back and weighing all options in any situation would require me to think criti cally. For me to be successful, I must make wise decisions and that comes from using the critical thinking techniques I have learned throughout this course. With these critical thinking techniques under my thrill, I have all the necessary tools tosucceed and prosper in todays society.Reference Page1. Buffet, W. (2012). A Minimum tax for the Wealthy. Retrieved from http//www.nytimes.com/2012/11/26/opinion/buffett-a-minimum-tax-for-the-wealthy.html?_r=1& 2. Vallas, R. (2014). The Top 10 Solutions to exclude Poverty and Grow the Middle Class. Retrieved from https//www.americanprogress.org/issues/poverty/news/2014/09/17/97287/the-top-10-solutions-to-cut-poverty-and-grow-the-middle-class/ 3. Waldron, T. (2013). essentially Unfair How States Tax The Richest 1 Percent At Half The post Of The Poor. Retrieved from http//thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/01/30/1514461/states-tax-rich-half-poor/

No comments:

Post a Comment